3/08/2011

Japanese People Portrait

   Since I am a Japanese student I had no idea who to take pictures of. I could have taken photos of my Japanese friends but it will be too easy and not that interesting. Also I knew they would be too shy to be taken photos and put them on my blog. So I decided to put photos of my little cousin. He and his family live in a small town in Tohoku area where is northern part of Japan. I visited them this winter break and took many pictures there.



   He is 12 years old elementary school student. He wakes up in the morning really early everyday and during the winter he helps his father and grandfather to shovel the snow in front of their house. His parents and grandparents told me that he is really good at shoveling the snow and proud of him about it. He plays table tennis and recently he has got a first prize at the city tournament. Also he is good at video games as other children nowadays though I beat him for a few times with playing Super Mario cart. 


   

   He has a younger brother and I sometimes enjoy seeing their differences. First of all his brother tend to do things by himself like reading books or playing with blocks. He is sort of a master of knowledge in the house and he talks lots about anything constantly till someone stops him. However the other one seems like to have fun by sharing things with some other people. Though he is only 12 years old, he cares about others a lot and make sure everyone is happy. I cannot see them often but I would love to keep in touch with them and cannot wait to see him and his family in Osaka the end of this month.



3 comments:

  1. Very nice photos and description of your cousin. I assume you have permission from his parents to post his photos on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica.
    And yes I have permission from my uncle to post these photos :)

    ReplyDelete